The Illinois Department of Transportation has allocated more than $6.5 million for construction projects in the 25th Senate District during Fiscal Year 2016, according to Senator Jim Oberweis.
The 25th District Senator said six local projects are included in the state’s Highway Improvement Program for Fiscal Year 2016, which starts July 1, 2015. The six-year plan also includes an additional $78.6 million for local projects.
Local projects for Fiscal Year 2016 include:
• $2,500,000 for land acquisition costs for a project on US 34, from east of Eldamain Road to Center Parkway in Yorkville.
• $1,850,000 for resurfacing of roads at various locations in DuPage County.
• $1,000,000 for land acquisition costs for a project on Illinois 64/North Avenue, from Kautz Road to Illinois 59/Neltnor Boulevard.
• $525,000 for resurfacing of roads at various locations in Kane County.
• $450,000 for preliminary engineering costs for a project on US 30, from west of Dugan Road to west of Illinois 47.
• $180,000 for preliminary engineering costs for a project on Illinois 47, at I-88/Ronald Reagan Memorial Tollway.