Senator Oberweis to host free Identity Theft Seminar October 21 in St. Charles
Senator Jim Oberweis will host a free community event to help constituents learn more about preventing identity theft and consumer fraud.
On October 21, Senator Oberweis will host an Identity Theft and Consumer Fraud Prevention Program from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the St. Charles Public Library, Huntley Meeting Room, 1 S. 6th Ave. in St. Charles.
The Program’s topics will include:
- How you can protect yourself, your friends and family from scam artists and fraudulent businesses.
- How to avoid identity theft.
- How to check your credit report.
- Your rights under the new credit card rules.
- How to file a consumer fraud complaint.
For more information, call Senator Oberweis’ office at 630-800-1992.